The EHC is currently looking for three youth candidates and an advisor to sit on its Youth Committee for the next three years (2018-2020) to support the development of the EHC Youth Leadership Workshop and other EHC youth-related activities.
This is a great opportunity to become involved in the planning, action and education events directed at the EHC NMO’s youth members across Europe. Get to know and build the European youth community while providing them with the tools to be future leaders of their patient organisations.
The ideal youth candidates will be:
- An active member of an EHC NMO with at least three years of active volunteering,
- Either a patient or carrier of one of the bleeding disorders covered by the EHC mandate (e.g. haemophilia, von Willebrand Disease or a rare bleeding disorder) OR the sibling, the child or the parent of a person with a bleeding disorder covered by the EHC mandate,
- Between 21 and 30 years of age at the time of application/ election,
- Fluent in English,
- Committed to dedicate enough time to actively and constructively participate in the Youth Committee’s activities (an average of ½ day per month and a full weekend per year; although this may vary, particularly closer to the Youth Leadership Workshop) for the duration of the mandate,
- Be open to potentially participate and travel to other EHC events (such as the EHC Annual Conference) and other events organised by EHC partners (all transportation and accommodation is covered by the EHC,
Advisors will have a similar profile to the youth candidates, except that he/she will be 31 years of age or older at the time of application / election. The advisor will have a demonstrated interest in youth activities.
To apply for the positions, candidates need to send the following:
- The candidate’s CV,
- A motivation letter outlining briefly their background and why they are interested in joining the EHC Youth Committee,
- A letter of recommendation from the NMO President outlining why they believe the candidate would make a great addition to the EHC Youth Committee.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th June 2018.
Here you can consult the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Youth Committee with additional information on its work and composition. The candidates will be reviewed and selected by the current EHC Youth Committee based on the criteria outlined above. Selected candidates will need to be available for a first conference call in September to start the planning of the next EHC Youth Leadership Workshop.
If you have any additional questions about this call for candidature, please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Brennan.