The European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC) is looking for two youth volunteers and one advisor to join its Youth Committee for the period 2016-2018 to help develop the programme of the EHC Youth Leadership Workshop and to support the EHC youth-related activities.
The ideal youth candidate will be:
- An active member an EHC National Member Organisation (NMO) with at least three years of active volunteering,
- Either a patient or carrier of one of the bleeding disorders covered by the EHC mandate (e.g. haemophilia, von Willebrand Disease or a rare bleeding disorder) OR the sibling or the child of a person with a bleeding disorder covered by the EHC mandate,
- Between 21 and 30 years of age at the time of application/ election,
- Fluent in English,
- Committed to dedicate enough time to actively and constructively participate in the Youth Committee’s activities (an average of ½ day per month and a full weekend per year; although this may vary, particularly closer to the Youth Leadership Workshop) for the duration of the mandate,
- Be open to potentially participate and travel to other EHC events (such as the EHC Annual Conference) and other events organised by EHC partners,
The advisor will have a similar profile to the one of the youth volunteers with the exception that he or she will be 31 or older at the time of application/ election. The ideal advisor will have a demonstrated interest and experience in youth-related activities.
To apply for this position, candidates will need to send:
- The candidate’s CV,
- A motivation letter outlining briefly their background and why they are interested in joining the EHC Youth Committee,
- A letter of recommendation from the NMO President outlining why they believe the candidate would make a great addition to the EHC Youth Committee.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 October 2015 the latest.
Here you can consult the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the EHC Youth Committee with additional information on its work and composition. The candidates will be reviewed and selected by the current EHC Youth Committee based on the criteria outlined above. Selected candidates will need to be available for a first conference call in November/December to start the planning of the next EHC Youth Leadership Workshop.
For any question about this call for candidature, please contact the EHC office.