It was with great sadness that the EHC decided to cancel the 2020 Conference on Women and Bleeding Disorders. We are hoping to be able to hold again this event in 2021. In the meantime, we decided to maintain some of the conference elements and to bring you two webinars on the management of heavy menstrual bleeding, and the place of women in haemophilia comprehensive care. Here below you will find more details and we hope that many of you will be able to join us!
Thursday 28 May from 13.00 to 14.30 hrs CEST
EHC Online Webinar on the Management of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
This webinar will look at:
- The basics: ‘How do periods change from adolescence to menopause?’
- What does a normal menstrual cycle look like and how it is impacted by issues in coagulation?
- Case-studies on how to manage your periods in different situations including:
- Getting a teenager ready for her first period.
- Managing heavy menstrual bleeding – what are the options?
- Planning to get pregnant – how do you stop contraception and manage your periods.
- Reaching menopause – what to expect and how to manage it?
Friday 29 May from 10.00 to 11.30 hrs CEST
EHC Online Webinar on the Place of Women in Haemophilia Comprehensive Care
This webinar will look at:
- What is comprehensive care and why it is important in rare bleeding disorders?
- What are some of the issues faced by women to access comprehensive care services? – Discussion between a clinician and patient.
- Case studies on initiatives that have worked and have helped to better include women in CCC?
- Strong WBD committee and cooperation with clinicians,
- EAHAD survey – Highlight some of the structural barriers,
- Joint clinics – how does it work?
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS and MODERATORS
Rezan Abdul-Kadir, Consultant Gynaecologist, Royal Free Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Yannick Collé, Member, EHC Women and Bleeding Disorders Committee, France
Michelle Lavin, Clinical Lead for coagulation haematology research in Irish Centre for Vascular Biology at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Diana Lighezan, Member, EHC Women and Bleeding Disorders Committee
Declan Noone, President, EHC, Ireland
Debra Pollard, Lead Nurse Specialist, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Naja Skouw-Rasmussen, Member, EHC Steering Committee, Denmark
Malin Svennefalk, Nurse, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Karin Van Galen, Consultant Haematologist, Van Kreveldkliniek, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Thynn Thynn Yee, Associate Specialist, Katherine Dormandy Haemophilia Centre, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
The EHC Women and Bleeding Disorders webinars are made possible thanks to the support of the following sponsors: