From April 6-8 2018, the European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC) will hold its fifth Youth Leadership Workshop in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The workshop aims to train the next generation of volunteers and leaders of the European haemophilia community. The event programme consists of a mix of lectures, hands-on exercises and sharing of experiences and best practices from more mature volunteers. The objective is to sensitize young people to the importance of being active in their respective National Member Organisation (NMO) and to prepare them for potential issues that they may be facing in their volunteering life.
When: April 6-8, 2018
Where: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Programme: You can consult a draft agenda here
To apply: Please contact your NMO, who can then nominate participants for the EHC Youth Leadership Workshop. The workshop is intended to be beneficial both to the participants as well as to the nominating NMOs by supporting the growth and development of NMOs’ volunteer communities. Therefore, we ask NMOs to only nominate candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Is a patient with, or carrier of, haemophilia, VWD or another rare bleeding disorder;
- Is between 21-30 years old;
- Has at least one-year demonstrated existing or prior commitment to the NMO;
- Is fluent in written and spoken English and can actively engage in the interactive training of the workshop;
- Will actively participate in the training and any requested follow-up activity or reporting;
Has capacity to stay actively involved or become further engaged with your NMO, as well as ability to engage other youth.
There is no limit to the number of nominations each NMO can submit. However, there are only 16 slots available in the workshop.
Deadline to apply by: January 31st, 2018 – extension is possible, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.