Welcome to the resource page for women affected by bleeding disorders. Here, you will find additional resources from the video developed by EHC for World Haemophilia Day 2022 to raise awareness about issues faced by women and bleeding disorders.
Diana Lighezan, Haematologist in training, member of the EHC Women and Bleeding Disorders Committee and member of the EHC Steering Committee, Romania.
In terms of rare bleeding disorders, how important is an early and accurate diagnosis?
Willie Greevenbroek, Nurse Practitioner, the Netherlands.
What can be done to prepare a girl with bleeding disorders for her first period?
Naja Skouw-Rasmussen, Patient with Von Willebrand Disease and EHC Think Tank Officer, Denmark
What resources would you advise to a woman with bleeding disorders thinking of starting a family and becoming pregnant?
- Read about pregnancy in women with bleeding disorders—a resource from the Irish Haemophilia Society.
- Consult the European Principles of Care for Women and Girls with Bleeding Disorders. Jointly developed by the EHC and the European Association for Haemophilia and Allied Disorders (EAHAD) and published in Haemophilia, August 2021.
- Check out the advice given by the Canadian Haemophilia Society to pregnant women with bleeding disorders.
- Read the article ‘How I manage pregnancy in carriers of haemophilia and patients with Von Willebrand Disease,’ published in Blood, November 2020.
- Read about the UK Haemophilia Society ‘Talking Red’ campaign.
- Try out the EHC app on novel therapies, EHCucate.