The European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC) is looking for an experienced and creative Digital Media Officer to join its small, dynamic team of staff and volunteers.
- Type of contract: Part-time
- Reporting to: Operations Director
- Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
The EHC is a small and dynamic patient umbrella organisation representing 48 national member organisations in Europe, including from all EU Member States. The EHC office team is composed of a small group of nine individuals of multiple nationalities working in Brussels and remotely. The team’s work is co-implemented together with a large network of volunteers, consultants and service providers. The EHC was founded in 1989 but has recently undergone substantial organisational growth, which is now tapering off. This P/T position is a new and previously non-existent team role.
The Digital Media Officer will be primarily responsible for overseeing, managing, maintaining, and optimizing all systems and content across the EHC’s digital platforms (websites and SM, digital newsletters, video and audio/visual content) and also providing general support to the wider team in using digital technology. This position will work closely with all colleagues, but in particular with the Public Policy and Communications Officers (x2). The ideal candidate will bring experience, big ideas, high energy, enjoy working within a dynamic team and be passionate about working in service of vulnerable groups in a non-profit organisation.
Main duties and responsibilities
The P/T Digital Media Officer will be mainly responsible for:
- Creating, managing, updating and loading digital content including text pieces, videos, pdfs, images, graphic designs, etc.,
- Maintaining, updating, and ensuring layout and accessibility of the EHC websites,
- Centralising management of website technology including creation of new sections, and proactively monitoring regular updates to web content in liaison withrelevant staff members,
- Providing recommendations for the layout to maximize page conversion,
- Publishing across multiple content management and social media platforms,
- Ensuring any content has been properly vetted before being published,
- Setting-up and configuring relevant information architecture and functionality components,
- Maintaining responsive design to ensure mobile-friendly and multi-platform-ready states,
- Eliminating duplicate content and maintaining real-time site integrity,
- Ensuring throughout all platforms: UI consistency, quality of content, efficiency of revisions, up-to-date sites, brand/style guide consistency, SEO best management practices,
- Developing and maintaining data and reporting processes,
- Interfacing with external providers to ensure continuous site performance,
- Reviewing, monitoring and reporting to the team on insights and analytics,
- Triaging bugs and trouble-shooting issues,
- Planning site back-ups as well as future changes.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in content and website management.
- Bachelor’s university degree.
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated experience managing website content updates and publishing/editorial workflows, SMM.
- Experienced and skilled with WordPress, basic coding and HTML.
- Experience with email/ digital marketing.
- Experience following website editorial style and standards guides.
- Understanding of modern, responsive site construction, configuration, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with SEO principles.
- Strong working understanding of web layout and presentation best practices.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality execution.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle different priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Can clearly and proactively communicate with individuals across multiple cultures and professions, including patients, volunteers, healthcare providers, external consultants and service providers.
- Resourceful, able to show initiative, self-start, be a team player, work under tight deadlines, remain flexible, and deliver under high pressure.
- Hybrid model of working: able to work effectively and efficiently remotely as well as face-to-face.
- Experience with non-profits and/or social causes is considered an added value.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Applications should consist of all of the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Range of expected gross monthly remuneration
- Telephone and email contacts for 3 references (these will be contacted before the first interview).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
We are grateful for all applications and thank all candidates in advance for their interest, time and motivation. Unfortunately, because we are a very small team with a heavy workload, we will only contact short-listed candidates. We thank you in advance for your interest and look forward to your application.