Welcome to the EHC ‘COVID-19 resource page,’ where we try to compile a series of resources on the current covid-19 epidemic with a particular focus on rare bleeding disorders.
Announcements from regulatory agencies
World Health Organisation
Interim guidance on ‘Maintaining a safe and adequate blood supply during the pandemic outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19),’ published on 20 March 2020
European Medicine Agency
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) news page.
- Consultation on ‘Points to consider on implications of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on methodological aspects of ongoing clinical trials.‘ Published on 25 March, the consultation is ongoing until 25 April 2020.
- EMA gives advice on the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for COVID-19. Published 18 March 2020.
- Online Public meeting organised on 11 DEC on approval of COVID-19 vaccines – record available
- Mini-course on COVID-19. Learn more about: SARSCoV2 persistence on surfaces, clothes and objects plus cleaning and disinfecting for healthcare, non-healthcare with positive cases and general settings.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and supply of substances of human origin in the EU/EEA. Updated April 2020.
Scientific publications and literature review
REACTing is a collaborative network of major French research institutions, coordinated by Inserm (French National Institute of Health and Medical Research), which aims to optimise research capacity during epidemics & improve research preparedness in between epidemics through multi-disciplinary collaboration. REACTing shares a selection of the most relevant articles published on COVID-19 on a bi-weekly basis. This literature review not only presents a selection of references, but also highlights the key points and messages from each article. It does not include pre-print articles.
Resources from patients, clinicians and other public health organisations
European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC)
- EHC-EAHAD Joint Statement on Home Delivery of Treatment during the COVID-19 Pandemic, published on 16 April 2020.
- EHC Covid-19 position statement, updated on 11 March 2020
- COVID-19 Community Calls:
- 9 April 2020 @ 18.00 hrs (CEST) in English & 10 April 2020 @ 14.00 hrs (CEST) in English with live Russian interpetation
- 30 April 2020 @ 14.00 hrs (CEST) in English with live Russian interpreation and @ 18.00 hrs (CEST) in English
- 21 May 2020 @ 18.00 hrs (CEST) in English & 22 May 2020 @ 14.00 hrs (CEST) in English with live Russian interepreation
- These calls are accessible to EHC NMOs only. To register, contact Saskia Pfeyffer.
World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH)
- WFH Covid-19 updates page
- Statement on ‘COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) pandemic caused by SARS-CoV2: practical recommendations for people with hemophilia,’ published on 21 March 2020.
EURORDIS – Rare Disease Europe
- EURORDIS open letter to policymakers: Recommendations to protect people living with a rare disease during the COVID-19 pandemic,
- Rare disease community raises alert over discrimination in critical care guideliens during COVID-19 pandemic,
- NORD/EURORDIS joint statement on COVID-19 and orphan drug legislation.
European Patients Forum
International Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH)
European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
The Health System Response Monitor (HSRM) has been designed in response to the COVID-19 outbreak to collect and organise up-to-date information on how countries are responding to the crisis. It focuses primarily on the responses of health systems but also captures wider public health initiatives.
This is a joint undertaking of the WHO Regional Office for Europe, the European Commission, and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies.
Access the HSRM here.
EuroHealthNet is a not-for-profit partnership of organisations, agencies and statutory bodies working on public health, disease prevention, promoting health, and reducing inequalities.