Welcome to the EHC ‘COVID-19 resource page,’ where we try to compile a series of resources on the current covid-19 epidemic with a particular focus on rare bleeding disorders.
Announcements from regulatory agencies
World Health Organisation
- Interim guidance on ‘Maintaining a safe and adequate blood supply during the pandemic outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19),’ published on 20 March 2020
- COVID-19 Clinical management: living guidance (update of interim guidance originally published under the title “ Clinical management of COVID-19: interim guidance, 27 May 2020)
- WHO Multimedia material on COVID-19 vaccines
European Medicine Agency
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) news page.
- Safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
- EMA ends rolling review of CVnCoV COVID-19 vaccine following withdrawal by CureVac AG – 12 October 2021
- EMA starts rolling review of Evusheld (Tixagevimab and cilgavimab) – 14 October 2021
- EMA receives application for marketing authorisation for Ronapreve (Casirivimab/imdevimab) for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19 – 11 October 2021
- EMA receives application for marketing authorisation for Regkirona (Regdanvimab) for treating patients with COVID-19 – 4 October
- Online Public meetings on approval of COVID-19 vaccines – records available.
- Mini-course on COVID-19. Learn more about SARSCoV2 persistence on surfaces, clothes and objects, cleaning and disinfecting healthcare, and non-healthcare with positive cases and general settings.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and supply of substances of human origin in the EU/EEA. Updated April 2020.
Scientific publications and literature review
Clinical findings in a patient with haemophilia A affected by COVID-19, Letter to the editor accepted in the Haemophilia journal, Apr. 01
REACTing is a collaborative network of major French research institutions, coordinated by Inserm (French National Institute of Health and Medical Research), which aims to optimise research capacity during epidemics & improve research preparedness in between epidemics through multi-disciplinary collaboration. REACTing shares a selection of the most relevant articles published on COVID-19 on a bi-weekly basis. This literature review not only presents a selection of references, but also highlights the key points and messages from each article. It does not include pre-print articles.
Resources from patients, clinicians and other public health organisations
European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC)
- EHC-EAHAD Joint Statement on Home Delivery of Treatment during the COVID-19 Pandemic, published on 16 April 2020.
- EHC Covid-19 position statement, updated on 11 March 2020
- Guidance on COVID-19 vaccination (joint guidance form the WFH, EAHAD, EHC AND NHF)
- Vaccination against COVID-19: Rationale, modalities and precautions for patients with haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders (paper published in Haemophilia Journal, 2 March 2021)
- WFH, EHC joint statement on AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine (published on 12 April 2021)
- EHC update on COVID-19 vaccines following a notice by French government authorities calling for a third vaccine dose to be administered in certain medical situations
- COVID-19 Community Calls:
- The EHC organised a series of community calls with the NMOs throughout 2020. We will continue to hold regular community calls in 2021, the first call is scheduled on 23rd March 2021.
- These calls are accessible to EHC NMOs only. To register, contact Saskia Pfeyffer.
World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH)
- WFH Covid-19 updates page
- Statement on ‘COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) pandemic caused by SARS-CoV2: practical recommendations for people with hemophilia,’ published on 21 March 2020.
EURORDIS – Rare Disease Europe
- EURORDIS open letter to policymakers: Recommendations to protect people living with a rare disease during the COVID-19 pandemic,
- Rare disease community raises alert over discrimination in critical care guideliens during COVID-19 pandemic,
- NORD/EURORDIS joint statement on COVID-19 and orphan drug legislation.
European Patients Forum
- Letter to EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides on the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 Resource Point
- “Let’s talk about vaccination” guide
International Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH)
European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
The Health System Response Monitor (HSRM) has been designed in response to the COVID-19 outbreak to collect and organise up-to-date information on how countries are responding to the crisis. It focuses primarily on the responses of health systems but also captures wider public health initiatives.
This is a joint undertaking of the WHO Regional Office for Europe, the European Commission, and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies.
Access the HSRM here.
John Hopkins coronavirus dashboard
EuroHealthNet is a not-for-profit partnership of organisations, agencies and statutory bodies working on public health, disease prevention, promoting health, and reducing inequalities.
Resources from the pharmaceutical industry
Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) – Novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) resources