In light of the current COVID-19 epidemic, it is with great sadness that the EHC Steering Committee has decided to cancel all EHC events until June 2020 included. Therefore, the EHC Youth Leadership Workshop will not take place.
The face-to-face workshop will be replaced by a series of online webinars so that the EHC can continue to offer training to the patient advocates of tomorrow.
Participants will be contacted separately with further information on online training.
What: Youth Leadership Workshop
EHC is pleased to announce that the call for nominations for your youth members to take part in the EHC Youth Leadership Workshop 2020 titled “Speak Up, Stand Out, Join the Conversation” is now open.
The workshop aims to train the next generation of volunteers and leaders of the European haemophilia community. The event programme consists of a mix of lectures, hands-on exercises and sharing of experiences and best practices from other established volunteers in our community. The objective of this event is to encourage and train young people to get involved and active in their respective National Member Organisation (NMO) and to prepare them for potential issues that they may be face in their volunteering life.
The programme will consist of brief presentations by experienced trainers, and many practical and interactive exercises, which will help the participants to consolidate the knowledge gained.
When: 3-5 April 2020
Where: The Volkshotel, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
For whom: EHC Members only
The workshop is intended to be beneficial both to the participants as well as to the nominating NMOs by supporting the growth and development of NMOs’ volunteer communities. Therefore we ask you to only nominate candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Is a patient with, or carrier of, haemophilia, VWD or another rare bleeding disorder;
- Is between 21-30 years old;
- Has at least one-year demonstrated existing or prior commitment to the NMO;
- Is fluent in written and spoken English and can actively engage in the interactive training of the workshop;
- Will actively participate in the training and any requested follow-up activity or reporting;
- Has capacity to stay actively involved or become further engaged with your NMO, as well as ability to engage other youth.
Event programme: View the preliminary programme now YLW2020_Programme
Registration: Open now! Nominations will be accepted until Friday 31st January, 2020.
There is no limit to the number of nominations each NMO can submit. However, there are only 16 slots available in the workshop. The EHC Youth Committee will review all the applications. Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit, taking into account the criteria outlined above. Individuals who have already participated in previous Youth Leadership Workshops are discouraged from applying. Individuals who have previously applied but were not selected and therefore did not participate in previous Youth Leadership Workshops are invited to re-apply if they still meet the criteria. The EHC will cover the travel and accommodation costs for all participants in line with its travel policy.
Please send your complete nominations to Fiona.email@example.com by January 31st 2020 at the latest; nominations must include:
- Duly completed Nomination Cover Form;
- Motivation letter written by the candidate, outlining his/her experience with the NMO or other relevant experiences, motivation to participate in the workshop and future aspirations with regards to the NMO and haemophilia community;
- A letter of recommendation from the NMO President.
Nomination Cover Form
For more information: Write to Fiona Brennan
To stay up-to-date with EHC events, sign up for our mailing list.