Call for volunteers to join EHC Youth Committee
Candidatures have been extended and are now welcome until 15th January 2021
The EHC is currently looking for three youth candidates and an advisor to sit on its Youth Committee for the next three years (2021-2023) to support the work of the EHC Youth Leadership Workshop and other EHC youth-related activities and projects.
The ideal youth candidates will be:
- An active member of an EHC NMO with at least three years of active volunteering
- Either a patient or carrier of one of the bleeding disorders covered by the EHC mandate (e.g. haemophilia, von Willebrand Disease or a rare bleeding disorder) OR the sibling, the child or the parent of a person with a bleeding disorder covered by the EHC mandate
- Between 21 and 30 years of age at the time of application / election
- Fluent in English
- Committed to dedicate enough time to actively and constructively participate in the Youth Committee’s activities (an average of ½ day per month and a full weekend per year; although this may vary, particularly around specific youth related activities or events) for the duration of the mandate
- Be open to potentially participate and travel to other EHC events (such as the EHC Annual Conference) and other events organised by EHC partners
To apply for this position, candidates will need to send:
- A CV
- A motivation letter, outlining briefly their background and why they are interested in joining the EHC Youth Committee
- A letter of recommendation from the NMO President outlining why they believe the candidate would make a great addition to the EHC Youth Committee
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 15th January 2021.
Here you can consult the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Youth Committee with additional information on its work and composition. The candidates will be reviewed and selected by the EHC Steering Committee based on the criteria outlined above. Selected candidates will need to be available for a first conference call in January 2021 to start the planning of the next EHC Youth Leadership Workshop.
If you have any additional questions about this call for candidature, please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Brennan.