The European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC) has launched a call for volunteers to join its newly established Committee for Women and Bleeding Disorders.
The EHC Women and Bleeding Disorders Committee has been established to create awareness, recognition, support and education about, and for, women in the bleeding disorder community at European level. The committee will provide advice to EHC members, volunteers and staff in matters concerning women with bleeding disorders.
The EHC is currently looking for six candidates with the following profiles to join its committee:
- Two women with bleeding disorders caused by factor deficiency (e.g. von Willebrand, haemophilia or any other rare factor deficiency) who experience moderate to severe bleeds,
- One woman with a bleeding disorder caused by a factor deficiency who does not experience bleeding symptoms,
- One woman with platelet disorders,
- One parent of a girl with a bleeding disorder,
- One volunteer working on women’s issues in one of the EHC National Member Organisations (NMOs).
Candidates interested in applying to join the committee should send their CV, letter of motivation and a recommendation from the President of one of the EHC NMOs to Saskia Pfeyffer (email@example.com) by 19 November 2017 the latest. Only complete applications will be considered.
Prior to applications candidates are advised to consult the Terms of Reference of the EHC Women and Bleeding Disorders Committee to learn more about the work of this committee.